It’s here! The annual Celebrate Fairfax! Festival (or commonly known as the Fairfax Fair) is here! It begins Friday, June 7th at 6 PM and will operate at the Fairfax County Government Center throughout the weekend, RAIN OR SHINE! Hours are:
Friday, June 7th: 6 PM – midnight
Saturday, June 8th: 10:00 AM – midnight
Sunday, June 9th: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Here are our top 6 reasons to attend Celebrate Fairfax! this weekend.
- Music & Entertainment. Better Than Ezra & Smash Mouth will be performing on the Bud Light Main Stage, along with over 120 other performances on seven stages! The family friendly stage will feature local favorites Reptiles Alive and Rocknoceros. You can view the schedules here. All shows are included in the admission!
- Inova Children’s Hospital Ave. The area at the center of the festival is geared toward families and children under 12. The attractions (admission included with your ticket to the festival) include a petting zoo, a wiggle car village, Washington Capitals mini street rink, a family care center (with air conditioning!) and more! Don’t miss this if you have young kiddos.
- Carnival & KidWay MidWay. All the rides at the festival (scheduled to be 28 different attractions) are divided into two sections based on general age of the audience. The KidWay MidWay is located in between the Food Court and Inova Children’s Hospital Avenue. You can purchase a Carnival Combo online in advance that includes carnival admission and ride tickets or purchase individual ride tickets or a $25 all you can ride pass on-site when you arrive.
- Sunday Brew. This is the newest addition to Celebrate Fairfax! The pop-up beer festival will feature 13 local and regional breweries, each with up to four beers on tap. Located at the Bud Light Main Stage, the event features six different bands and non-stop beer-focused entertainment. Admission to Sunday Brew is separate from festival admission.
- Contests & Competitions. The featured contests and competitions at Celebrate Fairfax! include a karaoke competition, donut eating contest, esports tournaments (including StarCraft II, Madden, FIFA, Smash Brothers, and more!), dog jumping competition, 5K race and Tots Dash (Sunday), and team trivia night (Friday.) Click here for more info on the contests and competitions.
- Food. Funnel Cakes. Cotton Candy. Popcorn. Deep fried Oreos. ALL the carnival food and food trucks! Did I mention funnel cakes?